Friends of Suburban Bristol Railways Constitution
- The name of the Organisation shall be ‘Friends of Suburban Bristol Railways’
- The Purpose of FoSBR is to ‘campaign for improvements in rail services in suburban Bristol’
- Business year: The business year shall begin on the 1st January and end on the 31st December.
- Subscriptions are due on 1st January at a rate set by the General Meeting. New members joining in November and December will have their subscriptions carried forward to the following December.
- Officers: A Committee of Chair, secretary, treasurer, membership secretary, press officer and campaign secretary shall be elected by the General Meeting. Other members will be co-opted to the committee as required.
- A General Meeting will be called annually in January of each year to elect a Chair and committee members, to consider the Annual Reports and Financial Accounts and to elect an auditor.
- In addition to the AGM there will be a minimum of 3 (three) other open meetings a year for all members and the public to attend.
- The Committee will meet during the year as required (but not less than 4 times). The Committee will consider and act upon the needs of the moment and ensure the Organisation’s aims are being pursued.
- Extraordinary meetings can be called by the officers and Committee.
Members will be given one month’s notice of the General Meeting or any Extraordinary Meeting.
- There will be no voting by proxy. Only members who are paid up subscribers by the beginning of the AGM (or EGM) are eligible to vote.